Double-Flaring of tubing demonstration videos using a PHI DF End Finishing Machine.
Here are two short demo vids that show how simple it is to create double-flare tube ends using a DF all-pneumatic machine.
Demo 1 shows forming a double-flare on 3/8″ OD x 0.028 wall thickness (WT) aluminum tube:
- [Prior to video, appropriate dies and punches (upset punch and flare punch set into the toolbar) are placed in the machine.]
- Operator moves machine’s single handle to the upset position, causing jaws to clamp the tube with the flare die.
- Push handle forward to fire the upset punch.
- Move handle to flare position.
- Push handle forward to fire the flare punch.
- Return handle back to open position – opens pneumatic jaws and die.
- Remove tubing and admire precision formed double-flare. “Excellent!”
Demo 2 is similar, but a closer and opposite angle, with 3/8″ OD x 0.035 wall thickness (WT) aluminum tube: