Squaring and deburring of tubing demonstration using a PHI 2CPV End Finishing Machine.
In this video, we use a 2CPV (2 inch OD capacity, pneumatic clamping, variable speed spindle) to square and deburr a 0.5 inch OD tube with rough ends from cutting.
- Square and deburr (S&D) head with blades already in place and setup for the tubing.
- Installation of the S&D head to the machine’s spindle.
- Installation of the clamp / flare dies.
- Pull of the machine’s spindle lever to draw the spindle toward the tubing and activate the pneumatic clamping.
- Further pull of the spindle to contact the blades to the tubing end for squaring and deburring.
- Return of the lever, opening of the jaws, and result of beautifully squared and deburred tube ends.
Squaring and deburring is essential for well formed flares and beading.